KLASHKE, SHEA & ELLERD, LLP Attorneys at Law
call for an initial consultation
888-339-5782 toll free
509-492-3032 local

Family laws are in place to help protect mothers, fathers, their children and others who have a right to be in their lives. Children are at the greatest risk of being taken advantage of.

As a parent who worries about your child's safety when they're with others in your family, it's important that you get to have a say. Your ex-spouse may believe certain family members are fine to be around, while you may believe that they're harmful or a bad influence.

What can you do?

Remember that the courts will help you do what you have to do to protect your children. Here's an example. If you believe that your ex-spouse's mother or father is a bad example for your children due to drinking or drug use, then you can ask the court to help you stop your ex-spouse from allowing your children to see them completely or without appropriate supervision.

It's usually in a child's best interests to maintain the same kinds of relationships they had prior to a divorce -- particularly when it comes to family members like grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins. However, when there are dangerous or negligent relationships, then it's best if you can take steps to put a halt to them seeing those individuals.

If you and your co-parent can't agree on which people your children can and cannot be around in your family or friend circles, then you may need to work out a parenting plan that addresses your concerns. The plan can help protect your children from being around people who could be harmful influences in their lives.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Contact An Attorney. Tell Us About Your Legal Issue.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy | Business Development Solutions by FindLaw, part of Thomson Reuters.